Anyone can easily start a blog nowadays.
But will it be successful?
It’s important to make sure you are doing the right things for your blog. Being aware of blogging tips and tricks for beginners can help you get a leg up.
Knowing the best tips on blogging and listening to blogging advice will help you make sure you have all the right ingredients for your blog in order.
It takes effort and dedication to create a successful blog. Following the best tips for bloggers will help you avoid wasting your time.
Here is a list of the best blogging tips and tricks you should make sure you know.
Why should you listen?
These tips will help you build a better blog and achieve blogging success.
Here they are:
Blogging Tips and Tricks
Let’s get started:
- Create a Memorable Name for Your Blog: A catchy, memorable blog name will make it easy for your readers to remember and come back to your site.
- Choose a Good Web Host: Choosing a good web host is important and will largely determine the performance and speed of your blog. Choose a host that is reliable, comes with support, and is fairly priced.
- Blog about Your Passions: Creating your blog about something that you are passionate about will help you enjoy blogging more.
- Respond to Post Comments: Responding to all your audience’s comments is beneficial for numerous reasons. It shows your readers you are involved. It promotes more comments and adds value to your page.
- Connect with Other Bloggers: Outreach is an important part of blogging. Connecting with other bloggers can lead to promoting your own blog, guest posting opportunities, increased traffic, and more.
- Comment on Other Blog Posts: Commenting on other blogs is great for two major reasons. It can bring other people back to your site and it can also help you develop a relationship with other bloggers. Just make sure you leave insightful, relevant comments that add value to the discussion.
- Be Unique: Your blog is going to be your brand and you want to stand out from the rest. Being unique can help you carve out a place for your blog in your niche.
- Create Engaging Content: Your content is the most important part of your blog. Engaging content will attract more links, shares, and ultimately more traffic.
- Choose a Good Domain Name: Your domain name will be what people see every time they type your URL in or click on a link. Choose a domain name that relates to your blog (preferably your blog name) and also choose a domain name extension that is familiar (.com, .org, .net).
- Be Creative: Creativity can be rewarding. The more material you create, the more value you add to your blog.
- Use Share Buttons on Your Posts: Social share buttons increase the number of shares you get and that means increased blog traffic. If you don’t have share buttons on your blog, you should get them. There are many plugins that do this free and you can find some on this list.
- Promote Your Blog: Don’t expect people to start automatically coming to your blog if you don’t promote it. Here are the best ways to promote your blog.
- Create Different Types of Posts: Creating the same types of blog posts over and over again can quickly bore your readers. Change it up and create different types of material. Here ate 200 blog post ideas you can possibly choose from.
- Use Images: Images are shown to increase shares and engagement. They make your material more attractive by spacing out your text and also make it easier to read.
- Build a Brand: Building your blog brand will help your readers set you apart from the others. Hire a designer or create by yourself an attractive logo and favicon for your site, and include it on images and infographics you make.
- Connect with Your Readers: Building a community is a great way to build a loyal following. Respond to your blog comments, email, and engage on social media.
- Post to Social Media: Social media is a great way to connect with a wider audience and increase your traffic. Create social media profiles for your blog on at least Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus and post to them every time you create a new article.
- Create Useful Posts: If your audience finds your content useful, they will often be more likely to share and recommend your blog. Useful content can naturally attract an audience and has greater potential to go viral.
- Use Different Types of Media: Using different types of media in your posts will help keep them interesting. For example, you could create video, podcasts, or webinars and feature them as blog posts.
- Look for What’s in Demand: Delivering what people are looking for is a useful way to get more views. Use a keyword tool like Google’s keyword planner to see what people are searching for. Also, read your blog comments, on question-and-answer sites like Quora, and in forums to see what questions people are asking.
- Have a Good Blog Design: Poor blog design can cause your readers to leave your website. Use a good theme or hire a designer to design your blog for you.
- Clearly Structure Your Posts: Organize your posts well and your readers will benefit. Content that is structured well is easier to read and more effective. Clearly structured posts are also good for search engines.
- Use a Good Editor for Your Writing: Using a good editor for your writing will help you avoid mistakes when you write. A tool such as Grammarly can be useful for spotting errors and making your writing more effective.
- Guest Post on Other Blogs: Guest posting on other blogs is a great way to make connections and bring visitors to your blog. Make sure you create a great post so that people are more inclined to come back to your own blog to read more.
- Set Up Proper WordPress Permalinks: It is important to set up your permalinks (the URL for individual posts) so that they are readable. If you don’t already have them configured, learn how to with this guide.
- Ask Someone to Edit Your Posts: Having someone read over your posts can help eliminate mistakes you didn’t catch. Having a second opinion is a good way to test the reception of your post and make sure it is ready to go public.
- Blog about Your Experiences: Stories can be a great type of engaging blog post and it can be beneficial to use them on your blog.
- Create a Guide: Guides are useful and will help attract more readers to your blog.
- Make Use of Tools and Resources: There are many plugins and apps that you can use to enhance and add to your blog. Here is a list you can check out.
- Post Regularly: Having a regularly updated site will help keep your readers interested and also shows that your blog is active. Regular content is also good for SEO.
- Use Call to Action: A call to action (CTA) prompts the user to take an action such as “sign up” or “learn more” for example. Using a call to action can help increase your conversions.
- Create Evergreen Content: Evergreen content is content that stands the test of time and won’t become irrelevant. Create posts that are going to be useful even after many years have passed.
- Use a Premium WordPress Theme: Free themes can do the job, but premium themes are the best choice if you are serious about building a good blog. Premium themes are professionally designed and come with the most features (responsiveness, SEO, updates, support, widgets, page builders, etc.).
- Mention Other Bloggers: Mentioning other bloggers in your posts can result in them linking to you or mentioning you back. If you mention another blogging in one of your posts, also do so on social media and possibly by email to let them know about it.
- Write Great Headlines: Headlines are what first attract readers to read your posts. Create headlines that are interesting and make people want to read them. You can also use powerful words to further increase the impact of your blog titles.
- Answer Questions from Your Audience: If your users have questions, answer them. You can go even further and turn this into a blog post with a collection of your answers to questions.
- Write for the Scanner: Many internet users visit a website and just scan through the page without actually reading the whole thing. If you keep this in mind, you can write more effectively for your audience. Keep your blog posts organized and write clear, informative subtitles.
- Learn How to Use Social Media: Social media is a great tool for increasing your audience and connecting with others. Learn how to use social media effectively. Here is a useful guide and a list of tools that will help make managing your social media profiles easier.
- Make Sure Your Blog is Easy to Navigate: Good navigation is important for any website. It can be frustrating for your readers if getting around your site is complicated. Create your menus properly and have the most important pages linking to relevant subpages.
- Know Who You are Writing for: Know your audience and write for them. Knowing what your readers like and relate to can help you increase your engagement.
- Make Your Writing Easy to Read: Content that is easy to read will be able to reach a wider audience. Don’t use overcomplicated language and try to write in clear, short sentences. A useful tool for this is the Hemingway App which grades the reading level of your content and shows you where it is hard to read.
- Link Out to Your Other Pages: Some bloggers don’t want to link out to other pages because they feel they are diverting their traffic and will lose visitors. However, linking out is important because you give your page credibility by citing your source and provide value for the reader. Also, if another blogger sees you link to them, they may link back meaning traffic back to you and also more credibility for your site.
- Choose a Color Scheme: A good color scheme will help establish your brand and make your blog look good. You can use a tool like Paletton to create and preview a color scheme for your blog.
- Do Split Tests: Testing to see what works best will help you increase your conversions and bounce rate. Test different layouts, logos, pictures, etc. to see which ones get the best response.
- Create Linkable Content: Aim to create content that is so useful it naturally attracts links. If something is helpful, more people can be likely to share it and send traffic to your blog.
- Write Quality Articles: Quality is important. Focusing on creating articles that are high quality and provide value.
- Take Care of Basic SEO: When you use WordPress most of this is taken care of for you. However, you should make sure you properly use HTML header tags, have good site speed, and are including relevant keywords. Use a plugin like Yoast SEO will also help you take care of optimizing your site.
- Be Consistent: Develop a regular schedule and posting routine that your readers will appreciate.
- Share Your Knowledge: Don’t hold back. Giving your readers useful information will help increase their appreciation of your site.
- Don’t Give Up: This one goes without saying. Many bloggers quit after not seeing traffic right away. Continuing your efforts is the most important factor for the success of a blog.
It takes time and effort to create a successful blog.
Keeping these blogging tips in mind will help you set your blog up for success. These were some of the most important things you should make sure of.
Hopefully, these blogging tips and tricks for beginners have been helpful.
FREE 14-Day’s Blogging Course Reveals How to Create a Money-Making Blog
This beginner-friendly course consists of practical lessons, delivered to you by email, for the next 14 days, for starting, building, and growing a blog-based online business from scratch, starting right from the beginning.